TERMS OF REFERENCE – Consultant for translation of 02 toolkits on Social-Ecological Transformation and Circular Economy toolkits
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project “Integrating and advocating for Social-Ecological Transformation (SET) in Vietnam’s tertiary education – year 2021”
Sponsor agency: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
Implementing agency: Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment (C&E)
Timeframe: October 2021
Title of position: Consultant for translation of 02 toolkits on Social-Ecological Transformation and Circular Economy toolkits
Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment (C&E) is a Vietnamese not-for-profit and non-governmental organization established in 2008 that works to promote participation and improve the capacity of local, grassroots-level community groups and organizations, for a more ecological and participatory lifestyle among young people, better solutions to environmental issues that are related to their life, and development of civil society and sustainable environment in Vietnam. C&E has rich experience in organizing capacity building for youth in Social-Ecological transformation, building foundations and pathways to develop ecological lifestyle education in Vietnam as well as in the Indochina region. C&E has developed a national network of youth groups and grass-roots organizations that work in the field of sustainable development and environmental protection.
The project Integrating and advocating for Social-Ecological Transformation (SET) in Vietnam’s tertiary education – the year will be conducted by C&E from June to December 2021 with the sponsorship of Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Southeast Asia (RLS SEA) and aims to engage the Vietnamese youth in ecological and social issues by providing them with necessary tools to live an ecological life and do community services and motivate them to take youth actions through education.
To build change awareness and promote ecological and social solutions with the communities, the project will launch a communication tool in the form of a set of two (02) toolkits: 01 toolkits on Social-Ecological Transformation (SET) and 01 toolkits on Circular Economy.
The toolkits on SET provide trainers and students with socio-ecological theory, the analysis and explanation of problems and processes of global change in modern society such as climate change and adaptation solutions, ecosystem change and transforming industrial energy regimes. It will also open up the potential for people’s application of social-ecology theory in everyday life.
The toolkit on Circular Economy presents the topic of circular economy in various aspects and provides guidance on circular economy’s practice. The toolkit also brings hindsight knowledge on the system of production, resource allocation and distribution of goods and services within a society, the analysis and explanation of problems and processes of current models of the economy.
Both toolkits will provide teaching materials that can be integrated into universities/organizations training activities, with target audiences being teachers, trainers, and educators. The toolkits provide methods and tools to integrate SET and Circular economy into the trainers’ syllabus, and solutions to facilitate students’ access to new knowledge and open the potentials for the application of social-ecology theory and circular economy in everyday life.
- Scope of Work
We are seeking one (01) who will handle the translation of the two toolkits about Socio-economic transformation and Circular Economy from Vietnamese to English. The consultant’s work includes but is not limited to the following task:
- Translate 02 toolkits into the English version, the toolkit about SET is 68 page, and the toolkit about Circular Economy is 72 pages
- Make sure the translated version of the document is correct according to the original text
- Revise up to two (02) times base on the Client’s comments
- Consult with the design team on the aesthetic of the design and illustrations of the toolkits in the English version
- Expected deliverables
The final toolkit on SET/ Circular Economy in English, 70 pages in length.
The consultant will work closely with C&E on the composition process and technical issues, as well as will be supervised on the quality of the toolkits. C&E staff is also responsible to provide the necessary support to help the trainers fulfil this duty.
Duration of post
The consultant will perform services and provide the deliverables in accordance with the following schedule, tentative timing, and terms:
|1||02 toolkit translation 1st draft||From October 10th, 2021, to October 20, 2021||Consultancy services|
|2||Revision of the final version||From Oct 20, 2021, to Oct 31, 2021||Consultancy services on the finalized English version of the toolkits|
- Qualifications, skills, and competencies
- Have bachelor in at least one of these majors: language, environment, climate change, natural resources management, social sciences, and sustainable development.
- Years of experiences: at least 3-5 years in translation Vietnamese – English and vice versa
- Have experience in working with youth and community
- Have experience in education, communication, development or related fields.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interactions in a dynamic context.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and in stressful conditions.
- Team-oriented: proven ability and motivation to collaborate with other, find solutions and share successes together with colleagues and partners.
- Consultancy fee & Submission of candidatures
A competitive consultancy package will be offered to the consultant based on their qualifications and experiences. C&E would like to invite candidates interested in this consultancy to submit the following:
- A CV in English with relevant qualifications and experience.
- A sample of translation from Vietnamese to English
- A financial proposal stating your desired rate per working day (ref. Annex1).
Applications need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org cc to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 22th, 2021.
Or sending by mail to:
Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment
Room 510, Building E1, Trung Tu Diplomatic Compound No. 6, Dang Van Ngu Street, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam
Trung tâm Phát triển Sáng kiến Cộng đồng và Môi trường
Phòng 510, nhà E1, khu ngoại giao đoàn Trung Tự, số 6 Đặng Văn Ngữ, Đống Đa, Hà Nội, Việt nam
Only accepted applicants will be contacted.
I would like to give the detailed quotation under organization request as bellows:
|No.||Tasks||No. Of pages||Price per page (VND)||Total amount (VND)|
|1||SET toolkit Vietnamese to English||68|
|2||CE toolkit Vietnamese to English||72|