Transform Our World Youth Summit International Voice
We are looking to hear from young people from across the globe to create an inspiring video of international voices for the Transform Our World (TOW) Youth Summit that will be taking place online during the two weeks when the UK is hosting COP26 in November 2021.
This video will also be showcased in the Blue event Zone at COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland which means it will be seen by attendees of the conference and beyond.
1. What actions can you or young people in your community take to transform our
2. What is your biggest hope for the planet?
3. What actions would you like to see world leaders commit to?
4. What inspires you to get involved in taking environmental action?
5. What is your message to other young people thinking about getting involved in
taking action for the planet?
Guidance for filming your video clip
- You can film your answers on your phone or a video camera.
- Film in landscape orientation.
- Shoot your video in brightly lit areas and ideally during the day to make use of natural light. Ensure the main source of light is in front of you (i.e. do not sit with a window behind you).
- Record in a quiet place.
- Allow a few moments of silence after you have started the recording but before you talk. This “empty recording” can be used to help remove some background noise from the rest of the recording if necessary.
- Try to look into the camera lens, rather than at the screen: it will make it seem like you are talking directly to the viewer.
- If you are using a phone or camera to record, make sure to find a sturdy place to rest the camera.
- If you are recording on a phone, try to use the back (main) camera rather than the forward facing (selfie) camera. This will usually give you higher quality video.
- Don’t zoom in, for most phone and compact cameras this will reduce the quality. Try to bring the camera closer instead.
Please send by Friday 24 th September as an MP4 file via WeTransfer or similar programme to [INSERT EMAIL] along with your completed filming permission form.
VIDEO PERMISSION FORM
As the Parent/Guardian of ______________________________________ I agree to videos of the young person named above to be used in the Transform Our World Youth Summit International Voice video which is coordinated by Global Action Plan.
I understand that the videos/stills from videos may be used by Global Action Plan/Transform Our World in their promotional material for the Transform Our World (TOW) Youth Climate Summit & will be hosted beyond the summit on the Transform Our World website.
Use of footage is outlined below:
I agree that the videos/video stills taken for the TOW Youth Summit International Voice video can be used on Global Action Plan/Transform Our World websites on their social media channels.
I agree that the videos/video stills taken for the TOW Youth Summit International Voice video can be used by Global Action Plan/Transform Our World for the media (local press etc.).
I agree that the videos/video stills taken for TOW Youth Summit International Voice video can be used during the TOW Youth Summit event that will feature on event screens at COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland.
I agree that my child’s first name, home city & country can be used in conjunction with the videos taken during the TOW Youth Summit International Voice video.
By completing this form you agree & provide permission for your child to appear in the video & the usage outlined above.
Name of Parent/Guardian
Telephone No. (area code)
Email Address ___________________________________________________
Signature_________________________ Date: _____________________________