“Scaling up and mainstreaming innovative approaches on ecological movement into activities of universities – 2019”
Sponsor agency: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment (C&E)
Timeframe: August–October, 2019
It is essential to strengthen the capacity for a more ecological and participatory lifestyle among young people and create foundations and pathways to develop ecological lifestyle education in Vietnam as well as in the region. Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment (C&E) is a Vietnamese NGO working with the community and grass-roots. C&E has developed a national network of youth groups and grass-root organizations that work in the field of sustainable development and environmental protection. C&E has rich experience organizing capacity building for youth, particularly through ecological lifestyle and Youth Change Vietnam.
Under 02 projects: “Partnership to support and promote informal and non-formal education for advocating ecological lifestyle and climate change adaptation and mitigation in Vietnam Universities – 2015-2017” and “Scaling up and mainstreaming innovative approaches on ecological movement into activities of universities 2018 – 2020” supported by RLS with the aims to create an effective Eco-network engaging individuals, trainers, universities and organizations into acting towards eco-lifestyle and sustainability education and to promote the idea and practice of ecological lifestyle education among universities and youth networks in Vietnam. Especially, based on the result from survey data, regional TOT, advocacy workshop,….C&E will be responsible for facilitating the review and integration process of these project and providing case studies from its work with the community and the youth in Vietnam. They will also provide linkages with other Vietnamese NGOs and international organizations working in this field to the programs. The C&E will involve students with not only in-class teaching but also extra-curricular activities, such as field classes to raise environmental awareness and embed a sustainable culture.
To deepen the project’s impact, in the year 2019, C&E will work with experts for reviewing and developing the training material with new topic, co-coaching TOT training and also carry out the Eco-week to promote the idea and practice of ecological lifestyle education among universities and youth networks in Vietnam. C&E wants to adapt the idea of socio-ecological transformation into its activities philosophy and also the concept of Just Transition and Just Climate.
The project 2019 will not only apply the toolkits and education approaches that have been built in the previous part of the project but also promote to integrate ecological lifestyle more widely and deeply among lecturers and students and build a strong partnership between C&E, RLS, universities, youth networks and other stakeholders. Furthermore, in the year 2019, C&E will re-enforce and expand the “Action Network for Sustainable Development in Ecology and Society” which was proposed in 2018.
Politically engaged actors to explore and develop progressive approaches to and concepts for coherent social, ecological and economic policies; at the same time foster interaction in local, national and regional networks.
The idea and practice of ecological lifestyle education will be made popular among universities and youth networks in Vietnam.
TOR OF SPEAKERs FOR THE WORKSHOP
Title of position: Speaker for the workshop ” Advocacy of integration of Socio-ecological Transformation (SET) into university: Perspectives and innovative approaches from ecological movements to educational programs”
Detailed description of activities:
By the end of 2019, C&E will continue to develop the network “Action Network for Sustainable Development of Ecology and Society” with universities and youth organizations concerning to integratee ecological lifestyle into their program. However, both C&E and other member organizations realize that there are many challenges in the process of successfully integration due to the tight schedule and the diverse of universities in Vietnam. Therefore, there is a need to find practical methods of ecological lifestyle education that is both effective and attractive so that students will not only be more interested in taking part but also will create more actions and changes in their life.
- To support activities in the eco-lifestyle training course 2019, to help lecturers understand the ecological lifestyle and link universities with policy makers or experts to assist participants in the process of integrating ecological lifestyles into universities.
- The workshop will take place in a day, with the participation of environmental and ecological experts, and decision makers at local and central levels, leaders of groups, clubs, and NGOs (15 people) together with 35 lecturers and youth from universities and youth organizations committed to ecological lifestyle integration. The workshop will focus on sharing and exchanging about the concept of Just Transition and Climate Justice, Energy Democracy and the trend of socio-ecological transformation in the future.
- Based on the “Action Network for the Sustainable Development of Ecology and Society” was established in 2018. The workshop will support the development of a web-based ecological networking site for referral to stakeholders.
Output of the activity: After the workshop, the network of lecturers, policy makers, professionals, and young leaders from social organizations is expanded and strengthened. Together they develop an effective integration plan in the future.
Duty station: Hue City
Duration of post: The time required for the consultancy is estimated 01 working day in August 2019.
Number of speaker: 6 speakers
Duties and responsibilities
Each speakers shall responsible in one topic/ each, specifically, he or she should be an expert in the respective areas and able to not only strategically orient the audiences but also lead the presenters, organizers in their conceptualization process; In details:
*Work with project coordinator about the content and ensure the flow the event.
The content of speaker focuss on:
- Theoretical foundation for socio-ecological transformation
- Socio-ecological transformative practices/ models in the world and Vietnam
- Socio-ecological transformation in the context of Vietnam
- Just transition, climate justice and energy transition
- Forming a socio-ecological transformation network in Vietnam
* Discussion with participants for the possible issues relating to the content and the successful implementation of the event;
*Respond any questions from all audience of the workshop based on their experience and position.
C&E-Rosa project coordinator has overall management of the work of the consultant. The consultant will be in direct contact with the C&E-Rosa project coordinator. She/he will work under the supervision of the Rosa Programme Officer and will be ultimately responsible.
DEGREE OF EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education background
- Master degree : Social, educational or natural background
- Working experience of at least 5-7 years relevant
- Sound experience in the role of consultant of programme and large workshops/seminars/training events
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interactions in a dynamic context
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and in stressful conditions
- Working experience with Vietnamese Government agencies
- Language requirements
- Excellent communication skills in Vietnamese